Saturday, January 8, 2011

Boy, I Was Doing So Good ...

At posting to my blog,  that is ...  
             I was really committed  ... 

Then the closing of Bearpaws and Hollyhocks was in full swing, right up into the new year.  Our #3 son, who was home for a week before Christmas,  returned to school and work the last week of the break, and life went on until the  end of  last week when he called to tell us that he was very sick.  The doctor said, "A virus, just go home and rest, treat the symptoms."  It has been a very hard week being a long distance mother with a sick son far away and even though the poor guy was doing the right things and going to the doctor, he kept getting sicker.  This afternoon he was admitted to the hospital and both DH and I have scrambled and we should be by his bed side by dinner time tomorrow.  I will keep you posted if there is time, as I am taking my laptop with us.  My heart is aching for him, and his worsening pain/condition and the prayers on my lips are constant.  

Please keep him in your prayers.  

14 comments:

Orcsmom said...

I am so sorry to hear about your son. Our thoughts and prayers are certainly with you and your family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to lessen your burden! Hugs!!

Pam

Kelly Ann said...

Keeping your whole family in my prayers...

Maria McCabe said...

Be safe on your trip to him. I am praying as I type for your son's speedy recovery.

Maria

Mommarock said...

I'll add my prayers to yours.. goodness poor kid! I'm so sorry for your stress, I understand how it can be when your kids aren't by your side.

annieb said...

Safe trip, and best wishes for your son's speedy recovery.

Yvonne said...

Keeping you all in my prayers!

quiltmom anna said...

Shirley,
I am sending you lots of good thoughts and wishes for your son's quick and speedy recovery.
Have a safe journey and know there are lots of friends out here thinking of you and yours.
Warmest regards,
Anna

dianne said...

you are surrounded by positive thoughts to Spirit, dear one

Heckety said...

Prayers coming right on up- travel safely too. He'll be glad to see you, and that will help quite some.

pinsandneedles said...

Will keep you and your son in my prayers! Hope everything is well soon!

Anonymous said...

Most certain I have prayers being delivery for you and your family. I sure hope your son will be ok! Bless your hearts!

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

So glad you are going to be by your son's side - he needs you no matter how big he is. Prayers for all of you are making their way from Minnesota.

Miss Jean said...

I'm adding him to my list to pray about!! Keep us posted.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your son! Wishing him a quick recovery!