Thursday, June 10, 2010

So We Went To Lunch

Kim ordered - Big As Yo Head Salad
Mixed greens or romaine topped with seasonal veggies, sprouts, hemp seeds, croutons and I think a Lemon-Mustard dressing (which she liked).

Moi had the  All American Wellness Burger 


Sprouted sunflower seed and mixed seasonal veggie "burg" served with onion rings, tomato, avocado, sprouts, house made pickles, fresh tomato ketchup, cashew mayo and their hot mustard in a crisp lettuce "bun".

I liked it!

Chocolate Pecan Bar - Yum!
News Flash - just got an email from Kim and she was anxious for me to get the above pictures posted.  She is much better with the story telling... please head on over to her blog to find out the rest of the story.
Kim's Blog
I am just smiling here.  

We headed over to Meisners - never been there before.  I told you I don't get out much.....

I was quiet impressed with their selection of thread....

A quick shot of the display floor before we left.  You could have rolled a bowling ball through there and not hit anyone.....
I was able to find a couple of 1/4" feet for my machines and some bobbins and seam ripper.  You know the usual.... 
We then headed to Continental Display for a display rack that Kim wanted.


These were shots of the second story windows that I found interesting.  Well, both of us did, and I have to say I didn't get either window display.....
We headed over to Dessert Industries (DI) and straight for the "Crafts Gone Bad" isle. 
I did think that she was cute but nothing grabbed our ankles and said take me home....
Don't get me wrong - there were plenty of things to choose from, like all these ties.  We donate to DI and now I know what the tie happy hunting grounds look like.  
I did SCORE!  Found a couple of old glass plates exactly like the ones that I use for my Time for Tea and Embroidery Event each month, a Spode soap dish for my bathroom, and a couple of cute buttons for the center of some flowers I want to make.
All in all, getting Kim out of the house, away from her oven cleaning, and I think she is still in the kitchen striping the yellow waxy build up in the far corners of her kitchen floor...... was a Good Thing! 
Thank you for stopping for a visit. 




11 comments:

Kim said...

It WAS a good thing! I needed the break. I DO think I need one of those man bottoms though. Maybe next time--when we can have MEAT! LOL!

Kelly Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Ann said...

Again two ladies gone wild...

Dori said...

I like the blue plate your veggie burg was served on! (Glad you had a fun day) Dori

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Sounds like a great day out!

Kris said...

So glad you took your camera. I read Kim's post and was dying to see the raw food! It all looks pretty good to me! Glad you two had a fun lunch together (even if Kim was deprived of her meat!)

Busy Little Quilter said...

It looks like you both had a great time. The food does look good.

Kaaren said...

Wish I could have joined you for lunch and the shopping afterward. I'm not sure which I would have enjoyed more...the foo, the shopping or your company!

quiltmom anna said...

That is quite the lunch you had Gran- the food looks pretty good- I love the aisle name - Crafts gone bad - perhaps next time you'll find something great there.
All those ties would make a great quilt too- it could take awhile to take them apart but I have seen some cool crazy quilts from them.
Always nice to hear about the fun you and Kim are having.
Hugs,
Anna

Shelley said...

I really don't know what Kim was whining about LOL...the salad looks quite yummy and I'm sure it will go along way towards healing her hands!:) Maybe all that cleaning just ruined her taste buds!LOL! You too must have a riot together!

Heckety said...

So...Kim went bottom hunting huh? and you let her? Well I guess that's the bottom line in a good friendship...

I see now that her Vegan meal wasn't so bad, so I retract the rude comment I left on her post about it- will you tell her or will I? That food looks scrumdiddlyumptions!!

The thing that gobsmacks me when I see photos of the inside of shops is how enormous they are- maybe people just post photos of big stores as they are just as gobsmackerettoed, but, well, I'd panic if I walked into somewhere that big.

I remember when I returned to Ireland from East Africa being totally stumped because the grocery shop had four types of flour to choose from, and they each had bright packaging! My Mom stopped sending me out on errands PDQ!