Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Whole Year of Knot-y Embroidery Ladies



The Bad News - Knot-y Embroidery Ladies is over for this year.
The Good News - Knot-y Embroidery Ladies starts in April 
for the next year.

Monday, April 19, 2010 - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Usually the third Monday evening or Tuesday morning of the month.

We had fun all year long.    We have shared so many bits of information, grown in our desire to stitch and for some polished off a talent from years gone by.  

This sweet lady is a high school teacher of special needs students, each day of her week at school could fill a book and yet, she had energy to show up on Monday night with the cutest tee shirt for our end of the year party.  She is a Stitch Goddess, and a fine example of each and every woman who makes it to class each month.  


One of the things we did for our end of the year party on both Monday evening and Tuesday morning, was a "White Elephant" Gift Exchange.  Those who wished to participate brought a "nicely" wrapped gift that was something that they had been given or gotten for themselves and they never used or if they did it was "gently used".  You know - something that you had and were "not really into it" and wished you could find a new home for.... 


We had fun drawing names to take turns picking a gift, and laugh at the packaging and the selection of the donor.  There usually is some cajoling over a coveted item, and that just adds to the fun.


For me, I was very happy to move my items on and not feel guilty that they were sitting around gathering dust at my house.  These sweet ladies were just having too much fun.

As always we enjoyed our show and tell, and seeing who did what for the challenges that I gave them for the end of the year.  Homespun Magazine was the prize that the winner got for one of the challenges and then I like to have drawings for little gifts.  I guess what I am trying to say is that they give so much to me I want to give back to them.

Knot-y Embroidery Ladies do have fun and they truly are Joy Doubled!

I wish I had more pictures to show of the amazing 
Knot-y Embroidery Ladies, there are about 40 of them all together and my pictures never do them justice.  
(Mostly because I am kibitzing about and not remembering to take pictures.)

The sand man is calling - over and out.











7 comments:

Kim said...

It was a fun year and I'm looking forward to the next!

Kelly Ann said...

I wish I could join you but that would be one heck of a drive....

Orcsmom said...

I agree with Kim! Colleen and I both look forward to each and every class. It's like Christmas morning anticipation every 3rd Monday!! You are the reason why! We love ya!

Big hugs!!

Pam

Jan said...

What a wonderful group all of you make! It sounds like lots of fun too ... wish I could join you, but I'm a looooonnnng way away! I will just continue to enjoy the company via Blogland :) God Bless Gran! Oh and how's those toes doing???

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Looks like you all have a great time together! Thank you for sharing.

Mona said...

OMG! How did my mother end up on your blog?! I told my brother that everyday I look in the mirror I see Mom and asked him if he thought I was looking more and more like her. He said No. I said who do I look like. His response: Nana. Ouch! lol I've absolutely loved the Knotty ladies. Thanks so much for such a sweet and relaxing class. Loved working with you today, too. Mona

Christopher Tellington said...

Oh mom, you are so CREATIVE and I love you!