Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baby It is "Cold" Outside

This past weekend the weather changed to "cold" here in the northern California area - it is getting down into the 40's at night!  Don't laugh - it is a damp cold and it is bone chilling.  Soooooo, being from the "Old Country" we have two sets of clothes (don't most people who live in the Northern Hemisphere)?  It is something like shorts until Thanksgiving and then switch to long pants and on a real cold day put on socks ... at least that is what my boys did most of the time and even at that it was crying and screaming at the wish of their mother to put on long jeans after Thanksgiving.


For me it is bring down the three bags full of the family "winter" sweaters and wool socks.  Oh, it has been wonderful wearing my wool socks and snuggling in my sweaters this week.


It has been long wonderful days at the shop this week.  Lots of fun day and evening classes.  Today is Beginning Embroidery morning and evening - the best students too! AND tomorrow (11-11-11) is the Friday Evening Shindig - starts at 5:30 pm and lasts until we roll out of the shop - if you are in the area and are looking for a nice place to hang out and sew - call the shop (916-483-2955) - we each bring munchies for the potluck table too, we have the whole shop to ourselves :o), we have good sewing, chatting and food!!!!


PS - mother and new grandbaby are doing well.  







2 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

can I laugh at your 'cold'?? We got snow yesterday! It was blustery and wet and sloppy and Oh I understand that wet cold! I just hate having to cover from head to toe!! (I'd rather be in shorts and bare feet)

quiltmom anna said...

It made me laugh about the sweaters and cold in Northern California- You do remember the cold of your old country I am sure LOL
Actually we have been lucky so far- no snow here in Edmonton but my parents who live in Red Deer have not been so lucky. MY friend in Calgary has had even more.. Today it was unseasonably warm with the temp around +10 C. I still am wearing open toed shoes though I do have knee high stockings on these days- a little cool for bare feet. As for the sweaters, my middle-aged body often wants the lightest clothing possible without being bare -
Glad to hear that the baby and family are doing well.
Regards,
Anna