Tuesday, May 1, 2012


Happy MAY DAY to you!

“The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.”  
Robert Louis Stevenson

Some sweet friend picked me up and we went to lunch last month.
Life has sure had many ups and downs since the last time that I posted.  In fact I at best I have been spotty in my reading of all my favourite bloguettes blogs.  I was checking in on "A Month of Sundays" who has taken a break since January 1st and read her quote, which I cut and pasted for you to read.  The quote pretty much sums up the things I have learned and felt this past four months.  I also want to wish you well on your own journey this coming while.  

My heart is still ticking, although not well.  My cardiologist and others on my medical team are working hard for me and trying to give me the most optimal results.  True friends have lifted me up and my family has given me all the love I need.  My cup is over flowing.

In between the things I have been doing, I have had time to do hand work and from time to time I will share with you.  Sending Hugs over and out - until next time.




8 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Hi Gran! Happy to see a post from you. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way. :)

Darlene said...

I'm delighted to see your post today. Lots of thoughts and prayers heading your way. Take good care - we'll wait right here.

Orcsmom said...

Miss ya!! So good to spend time with you at retreat! Hugs!!

Pam

paulette said...

So happy that you are on the mends and enjoying family and friends! We have missed you!
P

Josie McRazie said...

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Those with the biggest hearts give it all so freely to others... :)

Julie said...

Love the quote! Love the picture so I know there are lots of people around for you and, most of all, love you!

dianne said...

oh, sweet, sweet Gran - do you have any idea how much we love you?!? take care, dear one...

(from Auntia and dianne)

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Gran,
I wondered how you had been doing- I had not seen you here or on face book. I thought it was, perhaps, because you have been so busy with your shop. I am sorry to hear about your heart challenges,
I hope that you will continue to improve and get stronger every day. You are well loved by all who know you.
Sending you warm wishes and positive thoughts,
Always,
Anna